Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
Get acquainted with Salesforce terminology, your product(s), and the basics of using Salesforce.
Salesforce is a powerful platform and getting started can feel overwhelming. There is so MUCH that you can do! But you don't have to do it all right now. That's why we have broken down Getting Started into several paths. Learn what you need now and come back to get started on another path when you need it.
All paths start with the basics . . .
1. Understand Salesforce Basics
Nonprofit Success Pack Basics for Admins
The Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is an App that is the foundation of the Nonprofit Cloud. Trailhead is the free, interactive and fun way to learn Salesforce. Learning paths called Trails take you through the building blocks of the Salesforce Platform. Test your knowledge of the platform while earning points and badges to celebrate your achievements. Start with this module designed specifically to introduce you to the Nonprofit Success Pack.
You can also watch or join our Salesforce Fundamentals webinar.
This live webinar will introduce you to some core Salesforce concepts and give you an understanding of the tools that are available to help you as you get started.
Salesforce "Editions" & Products
A Salesforce edition is a selected set of features and functionalities that also determines the amount of customization possible and limits for items like storage or API calls.
With the Power of Us license donation program, Salesforce.org customers receive 10 "CRM Lightning" (which includes both Sales Cloud Lightning and Service Cloud Lightning) Enterprise Edition licenses at no cost. A license is attached to a single user, so with 10 licenses, you could have 10 active users logged on to your Salesforce org at one time.
If you need additional licenses or products, you can purchase them at a deep discount from Salesforce.org.
In addition to your 10 Lightning Enterprise Edition (EE) licenses, you may have also chosen the Nonprofit Success Pack - an App that will help you manage donations, grants and volunteers.
Knowing what edition and what app you are using will be vital information for you to know as you review Salesforce documentation, log a tech support ticket, or ask for help from the community.
2. Get Started with . . .
- Getting Started: Fundamentals
- Getting Started: Configure and Customize for Fundraising
- Getting Started: Import Donor Data for Fundraising
- Getting Started: Optimize for Fundraising
- Getting Started: Reports and Dashboards for Fundraising (coming soon)
Program Management (Webinars)
- Getting Started: Configure NPSP for Program Management
- Getting Started: Customize Service Cloud for Program Management
- Getting Started: Build an App for Program Management
- Getting Started: Import Data for Program Management into NPSP
- Getting Started: Reports & Dashboards for Program Management
- Getting Started: Engagement for Nonprofits
- Getting Started: Campaigns for Engagement
- Getting Started: Engagement Plans and Levels
- Getting Started: Integrating Engagement Tools with NPSP
- Getting Started: Marketing Automation for Non-Profits
- Getting Started: Community Cloud for Non-Profit Engagement
Your Support Team
Every Salesforce.org customer has access to a Sales Cloud Standard Success Plan which includes basic training to get you started. You also get access to community-based best practices and web-based support to help solve technical issues.
If you are interested in enhanced support, resources, and training to drive adoption, then you may purchase a Premier Success plan which is available at a deep discount to Salesforce.org customers. If you are interested in pricing for Premier Success, please reach out to us via the Contact Me form.
- Join the Getting Started Group in the Power of Us Hub
- Attend the weekly Hub Community Office Hours
- Check out the Solution Exchange
Log a Tech Support Ticket
If you get stuck, you can always log a tech support ticket. Every Salesforce.org customer has access to a Standard Success Plan which includes access to Standard Support.