Rollups are calculated in batch jobs as part of the nightly build. For information on the jobs, see Default Batch Job Names and Classes. But, if you need them updated sooner, you can manually recalculate the batches or recalculate an individual Account, Contact, Recurring Donation, or GAU's rollups.
To manually recalculate the rollup batches:
- Go to the NPSP Settings tab. If you don't see the tab in your org, you can find it from the App Launcher.
- Click Bulk Data Processes.
- Click Rollup Donations Batch. The Rollup Donations Batch recalculates all Account and Contact hard credit and soft credit rollups, and all Recurring Donation rollups. If you want to recalculate rollups for GAUs, click Rollup Allocations Batch.
- Click Run Batch. The process may take some time, but it's safe to leave the page and come back later to check the result.
To manually recalculate an individual Account, Contact, Recurring Donation, or GAU's rollups:
- Go to the detail page for the record.
In the list of available buttons, click Recalculate Rollups.
NoteIf you don't see this button, your administrator may need to add it to the appropriate page layouts.
- The recalculation process will run in the background and you may need to refresh the page after a few minutes to see the new rollup values.