Map Lead Fields
Before you convert Leads, understand how standard fields map to Contact, Account, and Opportunity fields.
You can also map custom Lead fields. To do so, go to limitations and best practices when mapping custom Lead fields.. There are some
Phone and Email Fields
It's important to understand the Phone and Email Workflow Rules before setting up Lead field mapping because you can't map from the standard Lead phone and email fields to the custom NPSP phone and email fields.
Let's look at an example.
To fill the Personal Email field on the Contact when converting a Lead, follow these steps:
- Enable the Contact.EmailChanged_Personal workflow rule.
- In Map Lead Fields, set Preferred Email under Lead Fields to Preferred Email under Contact Fields.
- Click Save.
Now when you convert a Lead, the standard mapping writes the Lead email field to the Contact email field and the workflow rule copies the email to the Personal Email field. Set up the same mapping for phone fields.
Convert a Lead to a Contact
- In the Nonprofit Success Pack, navigate to the page for the Lead you want to convert,
and then click Convert. You'll find this button in
the right-hand corner of your screen.
- Enter the field values on the page as necessary to convert your
Lead into a Contact.
Note that when Company is specified ("PB&J Inc."), the Account and Affiliated Account options are displayed...
Whereas when Company is an "Individual," Account and Affiliated Account aren't displayed:
- Record Owner (1): Select the owner of the new or merged Contact and Household Account.
- Send Email to the Owner (2): Check this box if you want to send an email to the new owner with a link to the new Contact.
- Contact (3):
Includes these options:
- Create New: Select this option to create a new Contact. If you create a new Contact from this Lead, Salesforce also creates a new Household Account for the Contact, or allows you to specify an Organizational Account.
- Merge with Existing: The NPSP Lead Conversion utility also attempts to find an exact-match (not case-sensitive) Contact in the system, searching for either the email address or the Lead's full name (both First Name and Last Name). If the utility finds potential matches, you'll see them listed in the Contact picklist as an existing Contact. Select Merge with Existing if you want to merge the Lead into an existing Contact record.
- Account (4):
Includes these option:
- Create Household Account: Select this option if you want to create a new Household Account for the new Contact.
- Attach to Existing: Select this option if the Lead's Company matches an existing Organizational Account, and you want the Contact to use that for their Account.
- Create New
Account: Select this option to create a new
Organizational Account using the Lead's Company, and to have
the Contact use that for their Account.
If you choose to merge the Lead into an existing Contact, these choices are not displayed, since the Contact's Account will not be changed.
If the Company name value on the Lead is "self", the full name of the Lead, or “Individual”, the Account and Affiliated Account options are not displayed on the Lead Convert page.
- Affiliated Account
(5): Includes these options:
- None: No Affiliation between the Contact and Account will be created.
- Affiliate with Existing: Select this option if the Lead's Company matches an existing Organizational Account, and you want to create an Affiliation between the Contact and Account.
- Affiliate with New Account: Select this option if you want to create an Affiliation between the Contact and a new Organizational Account, created from the Lead's Company.
- Opportunity Name / Do not create a new opportunity (6): If you want to create a new Opportunity (Donation) for the Contact after converting the Lead, deselect the Do not create a new Opportunity upon conversion checkbox, and enter a name for the Opportunity. The new Donation record will use the default Record Type for the user who converts the Lead.
- Converted Status (7): If you're utilizing multiple Lead Status values in your organization, select the appropriate value based on your business process.
- Click Convert to start the
Lead convert process.
When completed, the page displays the newly converted or merged Contact. If you elected to create a new Opportunity as well, you can find the new record by scrolling down to the Donations related list on the Contact page.