Effective: May 23, 2018
About the Power of Us Hub
The Power of Us Hub (the “Hub”) is an online community provided by Salesforce.org solely for our active customers and authorized partners, staff from Salesforce.org and salesforce.com, inc. (“Salesforce”), and Salesforce MVPs (collectively, “Hub users”). The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise & connect with others in the nonprofit, philanthropic, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
Power of Us Hub Community Guidelines
The Community Guidelines below have been created to help you get the most out of the Hub. By utilizing the Hub you are also subject to our Power of Us Hub Terms of Service, and any terms defined in that policy have the same meaning here.
What to do:
- Do be polite, constructive and stay on topic.
- Do search for questions similar to your own before submitting a new question to the community.
- Do reward helpful Hub users by "liking" their posts and answers.
- Do treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Do have meaningful & genuine interactions
What not to do:
It is important to note that overstepping the boundaries outlined below may result in a disabled account, or discontinued access to the Hub, without warning.
- Don't spam.
- Don't be rude or offensive.
- Don’t self-promote or post a stand-alone solicitation of any kind, in any form. Responses to posts with offers for products or services may be appropriate depending on the context.
- Don’t impersonate any other person or falsely say or imply that you are associated with another person or entity.
- Don’t collect information about other Hub users or their content posted on the Hub (including, but not limited to Hub content) without their consent, including collection through automated means.
- Don’t submit, post, share or link to any content that:
- a. Infringes or violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- b. Is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violates any law;
- c. Intentionally interferes with the operation of the Hub, Salesforce.org, or any Salesforce.org accounts, computer systems or networks;
- d. Violates anyone’s privacy or publicity rights;
- e. Breaches any duty of confidentiality that you owe to anyone;
- f. Provides any non-public information about us or any other company or person without authorization (including the names and contact information of Hub users);
- g. Is, in our judgment, harassing, defamatory, abusive, lewd, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- h. Contains false or deceptive language, unsubstantiated or comparative claims regarding our or others’ products, advertising, commercial referrals, spam, chain letters, or any other solicitation, including solicitation of lawsuits;
- i. Contains or installs any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses, malware or other code, files or programs designed or having the capability to disrupt, damage, reverse engineer or limit the functionality of any software or hardware; or
- j. Is submitted in exchange for payment or other consideration for another person or entity.
Reporting Inappropriate Posts
The Hub is a diverse community and you may come across content (including, but not limited to Hub content) that you believe falls outside of our guidelines. If you are unsure about the content, you can report it by clicking on the 'Flag' button which will send an anonymous alert to the Community Team for review.
Example of how to flag a post in the Hub:
When you flag a post, you will be prompted to provide context for the Community Team:
If you believe content posted in the Hub infringes your intellectual property rights, you should submit a takedown request as outlined in our Power of Us Hub Terms of Service.
If you believe you will have trouble following these guidelines we’d suggest finding an alternative place to get your Salesforce questions answered, as the Hub may not be the best place for you. We value these guidelines, and believe that they will help keep the Hub a useful resource for everyone.
If you are a Partner and have questions, please refer to the Partner Guidelines.
We want to hear from you! If you have suggestions about changes to the Hub, you spot a type-o, or want to get in touch for any reason, you can click the “Feedback” button on any page to submit an anonymous note to the Community Team.
Otherwise, if you'd like to reach out directly, you can always contact Lizzy Roberts via email Lizzy.firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Hub!
The Salesforce.org Team