1. Extend for User Adoption
1. Integrate Email & Calendars
One of the best ways to make your CRM system more valuable to end users (and to the organization) is to integrate tools like email and calendaring into Salesforce. They are many different email clients and lots of ways to integrate them into Salesforce. Check out the AppExchange for additional Apps that can help you integrate your email and calendaring clients.
- Trailhead Trail: Integrate Outlook and Gmail with Salesforce
2. Implement Chatter for Effective Collaboration
Chatter is an excellent way to increase user interaction and collaboration in real-time, transforming your organization into its own social network. It can help speed adoption and drive productivity inside of Salesforce.
- Trailhead Module:Lightning Experience Chatter Basics (for Admins)
- Trailhead Module: Chatter Basics (for Users)
3. Empower your Users with Mobile
With the Salesforce1 mobile app your users can get all the vital information they need fast, wherever they go.
4. Add on Applications
The AppExchange is an app store for Salesforce. Many applications are provided for free and/or discounted for nonprofits. The applications range the gamut from tools that help you with mass email, payment processing, producing documents from Salesforce, and/or ensure data quality. Make sure to do research up front to determine if your Salesforce instance will work with the app that you want to install. For example, not all applications will work well with the Nonprofit Success Pack. Take a look at the AppExchange to find products that can help you and your organization.
As always, the Power of Us HUB will be able to guide you in the right direction including the App Advice and Consumer Reports group (you must be logged into the Hub to access this group). In that group is a community-sourced list of Salesforce Apps commonly used in the nonprofit and education sectors.
- Trailhead Module: AppExchange Basics
- App Advice & Consumer Reports Chatter Group in the Hub
- Nonprofit Apps
- Education Apps
- Best Practice: Questions to Ask when Choosing a Salesforce App
Optimize Salesforce for Increased User Adoption
Tips and tricks to Streamline & Automate your Salesforce Org
- Trailhead Trailmix: Extend Salesforce for User Adoption
- Trailhead Trailmix: Optimize Salesforce for User Adoption
Join the next Salesforce.org Circle of Success
Circles of Success are free, small group, interactive clinics with other Salesforce.org customers.
- Register for Getting Started with Salesforce Customizations
- Register for Transform Your Organization with Automation for Nonprofits
Premier Support Customers
If you are a Premier Support customer, you have access to Accelerators. Consider registering for one of these:
- Join the System Administrators Group in the Power of Us Hub
- Look for recommendations in the App Advice & Consumer Reports Group in the Power of Us Hub
- Attend the weekly Hub Community Office Hours
Log a Tech Support Ticket
If you get stuck, you can always log a tech support ticket. Every Salesforce.org customer has access to a Standard Success Plan which includes access to Standard Support.